Sunday, March 21, 2010

IFBB Fitness NXT?!

On Siouxcountry's Let's Save Fitness board, I brought up a suggestion on the board that I would like to share with all of you.

For those that don't know, I'm a HUGE fan of wrestling, and I'm hooked on their new show WWE NXT, where 8 "pros" are teaching 8 "rookies" the ways of the trade in WWE. It's actually not a bad show.

While I was watching it, I was wondering...what if some of the ladies did something similar to that, but, of course, tailor it to the fitness world. Take a NPC competitor or any female that wants to be a fitness competitor or even THINKS she wants to be a fitness competitor one day, and have them being taken under their wing by a IFBB Fitness Pro. Yeah, I'm aware of teams and support groups out there right now, such as Jacked Up Divas, Team Brownie, Performance Ready, etc. But here me out on this one.

For example, let's take about 10 IFBB Fitness Competitors (Pros) and 8 NPC competitors or women who would like to be fitness competitors that are NOT in any federation (Rookies). Show them what the fitness division is about, have them live together, train together, for about 16-18 weeks or so (estimated time). In between those times, they meet with other "Pros" and "Rookies" and be evaluated from time to time. After the 16-18 week training period, all the "Rookies" will compete amongst each other in a fitness competition. The winner would either a) qualify for NPC Nationals to get a pro card or b) go on to get a pro card and get an invite to the Arnold on the following year. Personally, I don't know which of the two options would be better would be better.

This is nothing more than a mere though I had, so feel free to chime in on your thoughts? Could this be something that can help boost the division and bring forth new blood to IFBB and NPC fitness? Sound off in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...